Consistency is a key factor to increasing the accuracy and repeat-ability of the body composition measurement. Following the same regime for every measurement will reduce the effect of external factors which can influence your results. Outlined below are tips to get the best results:
- Measure regularly - ideally once a week, on the same day and around the same time of the day. It is beneficial to incorporate FitQuest into your gym routine. For example, use FitQuest every Monday evening (before your training session).
- Measure 2-3 hours after eating, before training and ideally after emptying your bladder.
- Measure your body composition first, prior to performing any fitness assessment, exercise or training.
- Stand centrally on the platform, keep still and stay upright while your weight is being measured.
- Ensure your feet are fully on the footplates and that the footplates are clean before use. It is important to be consistent with the same hand, arm and foot placement when repeating measurements.
- Hold the handles with your arms at a 90 degree angle. You do not want your arms to be facing upwards or downward. Ensure the handles are clean and that your hands are clear of the upper and lower handle brackets. Hold firmly but without excessive force.
- Ensure your feet and hands are clean and completely bare - no shoes, socks, tights, stockings, or gloves.
- Remove heavy outer garments (coats, jackets, etc.)
It is important that we focus on the long term trends when looking at our results and improvements rather than day-day changes.